Sunday, February 10, 2008

Socks.....

Well this weekend i have been trying to learn how to knit socks! They are not as hard as i thought except for when i get to turning the heel with 2 small kids and a husband who needs attention when he has the weekend off it gets difficult to learn this in peace and quiet. But i can admit that i was awfully afraid of trying something new and now that i have i feel like i am a new knitter with so much in front of me ! I can even try sweaters now because im not afraid of useing 5 dbpns at once ! So i have been searching ravelry for a nice cute toddler sweater to make my daughter! I also have been searching for a nice pair of socks to make both my kids but the yarn i had picked is awfully splitty and drives me crazy!! So i must find some new yarn to use! Well off to try and learn how to turn a heel! Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Happily Knit said...

Oh you are so not alone! I avoided socks for so long for exactly the same reason! I'm certainly no expert (turn um...ONE heel to date lol) but the heel turning itself isn't difficult, just a little different. I say make you husband watch the kids for 30 minutes, lock yourself in a quiet room and go to town! I can't wait to see :)